GHT Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility: Any PGA of Canada Golf Professional or Candidate for Membership holding a position at an established PGA of Canada Golf facility in the Hamilton/Halton Regions. Unattached or inactive Golf Professionals, who are still in good standing with the PGA of Canada Must be approved by committee. Other exceptions may be approved by committee.
**If 40 member capacity is not reached than GHT committee will accept PGA of Canada members whose home address is inside the Hamilton/Halton boundaries but home club is outside those boundaries**
2. Capacity: The Golden Horseshoe Tour will accept the first 40 fully paid participants. After which a waiting list for each event will be put into effect. If all tee times for an event are not booked, we will call those on the waiting list one day in advance. **Past GHT members will have priority**
3. Penalties: As golf professionals we remain privileged guests of each facility. As such, our conduct must exemplify the ethics of our Association and behaviour that shows otherwise will not be tolerated. Any misconduct twoards staff, other players, members or the golf course itself will result in:
1st offence - A fine that will be donated to Junior Golf
2nd offence - A fine and suspension from the tour
3rd offence - Expulsion from the GHT and a written statement to the Canadian PGA detailing your behaviour
4. Penalties: 1) Throwing clubs 2) Loud and abusive language 3) Inappropriate behaviour
***There will be a fine of $100.00 for any of the above offenses***
5. Slow Play: "Let's practice what we preach." With the continuing problem of slow play, we should set the example of how to play quickly and properly. As Golf Professionals we should exhibit proper etiquette and professionalism. If you find your group falling behind, please speed up or let the group behind you play through. "Slow play will not be tolerated"
**The onus will be on the negligent Professional and his playing partners to report an incident to one of the committee members.**
6. Starting Times: Starting times will be available one week in advance of the event. A message will be sent 7 days prior to the event to all members with link to GHT online event registration page. Players may book as a single or for their group. All bookings will be made through GHT Online Event Registration Form. Players will select time range and GHT committee will see that all players are within 15 minutes of requested time. Tee sheet will be available on the website and emailed to players a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event. Tee Times will be available morning and afternoon.
**It is your responsibility to register through the GHT to book your time.**